Dropbox synchronization is introduced in version 5.4 and enhanced in 5.7 using the latest Dropbox API. The feature provide database and file synchronization among multiple devices and Checkmark windows desktop client.
For now, the Dropbox sync has to be done manually. In the future, we are going to provide auto sync option. The Dropbox API production status is approved. You should have no problem to use the feature. Thanks!
Setup Dropbox Synchronization
| To enable Dropbox sync:|
- From Options menu, select Settings.
- Under Utilities section, Tap on Dropbox Sync field. It will direct user to Dropbox web site for account setup.
|In Dropbox login screen, enter you Dropbox email address and password.|
Click on Log in button for Dropbox to verify the account.
|Once login account is successfully verified. Dropbox API will popup a web page for user to confirm the link with Checkmark To Do List app.|
When it's done, user can go back to Settings window and the authorization information will be saved.
* User can always reset login account by clicking Change.
* Once account is linked, Dropbox will direct user to this page when Dropbox Sync option is clicked in Settings window
Sync Checkmark Database With Dropbox
| ||Once Dropbox account is successfully linked. Sync with Dropbox option menu will be available when user invoke the Options menu.|
| Select Sync with Dropbox menu item will allow user to upload or download Checkmark database file to/from Dropbox.|
- Upload to Dropbox: A
progress dialog will show up and Checkmark database file will be
uploaded to linked Dropbox account under directory /Apps/Checkmark To Do
List Manager/. You will notice a file named Checkmark there after
- Download from Dropbox: A progress
dialog will show up and Checkmark database file will be downloaded from
linked Dropbox account. Make sure the file Checkmark exists under
your dropbox directory /Apps/Checkmark To Do List Manager/. The Checkmark dashboard
will be refreshed after download.
Sync Checklist With Dropbox (The feature is still in working phase)
| The Dropbox option will be visible in Export Checklist when Dropbox sync is enabled:|
- In Dashboard, Long click on the checklist you want to export to bring up the context menu, choose Export Checklist
- From the menu, select file format to export to Dropbox.
- The file will be saved to Checkmark directory under dropbox.
- If you are using Checkmark desktop app Checkmark Personal Organizer, you can save the file in checkmark format. Or CSV file format if you prefer editing in Excel.
| || The Dropbox option will be visible in Import Checklist when Dropbox sync is enabled:|
- In Dashboard, From Options menu, choose Import Checklist.
- Select Import from Dropbox directory in SD card.
- A list of all files under Checkmark directory under Dropbox will be shown.
- Select the file you want to import.
Using Dropbox in DesktopIf you are using Checkmark desktop app Checkmark Personal Organizer (For fast desktop editing), you can install the Dropbox desktop client from Dropbox.(Make sure you are using the same Dropbox account)
For now, Checkmark Personal Organizer support checkmark file edit. User can use Export and Import with Dropbox to streamline the checklist edit on desktop.
* In the future, Checkmark Personal Organizer will be able to allow user to edit Checkmark database directly.